No products in the cart.
How to shop Tax Free in Singapore
Tourists who shop in Singapore are entitled to claim Goods and Service Tax (GST) paid on purchases via the electronic Tourist Refund Scheme (eTRS) from participating retail shops.
- When making payment at participating stores, show your original passport to confirm your eligibility for GST refunds. Present a credit card to use as a Token to store your purchase details and ask for your eTRS ticket and original receipt.
- Proceed to the eTRS self-help kiosk at your departure location to apply for your GST refund with your Token or eTRS tickets.
- For cash refunds, proceed to the Central Refund Counter at the Departure Transit Lounge. This is only for tourists leaving via Changi International Airport. For all other departure locations, only credit card or cheque refund options are available.
Shoppers eligible for GST / Sales Tax refunds:
- Non-residents of Singapore
- You spend 365 days or less in Singapore in the last 24 months before the date of purchase;
- You have not been, at any time, employed in Singapore in the past 6 months before the date of purchase;
- You are not a member of the crew of the aircraft or ship on which you are departing from Singapore;
- You are 16 years of age or above at the time of purchase; and
- If you are a student pass holder, you must have purchase the goods in the last 4 months before the expiry of your student pass.
SGD100. Shoppers may accumulate up to 3 same-day invoices from the same retailer to meet this minimum purchase amount
Where to get Customs approval:
Last Singapore departure point.
Within 2 months from date of purchase.
Required for Customs approval:
- eTRS ticket
- Purchased goods
- Purchase receipts
- Passport with stamp
- Travel Documents
Refund options available:
- Airport Cash*
- Credit Card (including UnionPay credit and debit card)
*For cash refunds exceeding SGD7,500, an administrative fee of up to SGD199 is payable to the Central Refund Counter.
- When requesting an eTRS claim ticket at Premier Tax Free participating stores, show your original passport (images and photocopies are not permitted) to confirm your eligibility for GST refund.
- You must present your passport in store
- Make sure the goods are sealed and unused.
- At the airport, please allow enough time for Customs approval process before your flight departs.
- Depart with the goods within 12 hours of obtaining approval of your GST refund.
eTRS SELF-HELP KIOSKS LOCATIONS
- Changi International Airport Departure Check-in hall (before departure immigration) and Departure Transit Lounge (after departure immigration) of Terminals 1, 2 and 3
- Seletar Airport, Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) Duty Office