Audio-Technica AT897 Broadcast & Production Microphone
Audio-Technica AT897 Line + Gradient Condenser Microphone, outstanding long-distance audio pickup due to the narrow acceptance angle of line gradient design.
It is designed for field audio acquisition in film/TV/video production, professional recording, wildlife recording, and broadcast applications. It mounts conveniently on a DV camcorder without adding noticeable heft and remains out of the frame even with compact digital cameras.
Audio-Technica AT897 high-performance short shotgun offers outstanding long-distance audio pickup due to the narrow acceptance angle of line gradient design. It also features smooth, natural-sounding on-axis audio quality and excellent off-axis rejection of sound arriving from the sides and rear of the mic.
The microphone requires 11V to 52V phantom power or a 1.5V AA battery for operation. A battery need not be in place for phantom power operation.
The microphone’s highly directional polar pattern provides a narrow acceptance angle along with crisp, intelligible audio reproduction desirable for long-distance sound pickup. The output of the microphone is a 3-pin XLR-M type connector.
A switch permits the choice of flat response or low-frequency roll-off (via an integral 80 Hz high-pass filter) to help control undesired ambient noise. The microphone is enclosed in a rugged housing. The included AT8405a stand clamp permits mounting on any microphone stand with 5/8″-27 threads. A windscreen, two o-rings, a battery, and a protective carrying case are also included.
- Designed for video production and broadcast (ENG/EFP) audio acquisition
- The short length (11″) ensures the mic stays out of the shot – even when used with compact digital cameras
- Smooth, natural-sounding on-axis audio quality
- Provides the narrow acceptance angle desirable for long-distance sound pickup
- Excellent sound rejection from the sides and rear of the mic
- A switchable 80 Hz high-pass filter minimizes the pickup of undesired low-frequency sounds
- Operates on battery or phantom power
- ROHS compliant and free from all substances specified in the EU directive on hazardous substances.