Audio-Technica PRO8HEx Dynamic Headset Microphone
Offering highly intelligible individual voice reproduction, the comfortable, lightweight PRO 8HEx is ideal for guitarists, keyboard players, drummers, and others who need the use of their hands during performance. Its low-visibility headband and cushioned support pads provide a stable, comfortable fit.
The Audio-Technica PRO8HEx is a hypercardioid head-worn microphone designed for professional audio applications, such as public speaking, live performances, and broadcasting. Here are some features and specifications of this microphone:
- Polar pattern: Hypercardioid
- Frequency response: 200 Hz to 18 kHz
- Sensitivity: -55 dB (1.7 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 200 ohms
- Maximum input sound level: 135 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Connector: 3-pin XLRM-type
- Cable: 7.2′ (2.2 m) long, terminated with TA3F connector for ATW-U101 wireless body-pack transmitter
The PRO8HEx is designed to provide clear and natural sound reproduction, with a tailored frequency response that enhances the intelligibility of speech and vocals. The hypercardioid polar pattern offers excellent off-axis rejection, minimizing the pickup of ambient noise and feedback. The microphone features a low-visibility headband that can be adjusted for a secure and comfortable fit and a pivot-mounted flexible mic boom that can be easily positioned for optimal sound pickup.
This microphone requires phantom power, typically provided by the wireless body-pack transmitter, and can be used with Audio-Technica’s ATW-U101 wireless system or any other compatible wireless system with a TA3F connector. The PRO8HEx is a durable and reliable microphone that can withstand the rigors of professional use and comes with a lifetime warranty.
Designed for professional quality vocal pickup with hands-free operation, the PRO8HEx features a pivot-mounted flexible mic boom that descends from either the left or right side.
The Output is low impedance (Lo-Z) balanced. The signal appears across Pins 2 and 3; Pin 1 is ground (shield). The output phase is “Pin 2 hot” – positive acoustic pressure produces positive voltage at Pin 2. To avoid phase cancellation and poor sound, all mic cables must be wired consistently: Pin 1-to-Pin 1, etc. For a high-impedance (Hi-Z) mic input, connect a Lo-Z balanced cable to a Hi-Z matching
transformer (A-T CP8201 or equal) at the equipment input.
For maximum stability and minimum visibility, the adjustable headband should be worn around the back of the head, with each cushioned support pad resting on the temple in front of the ear. The cable should remain clipped to the headband, with some slack at the boom connection.
An accumulation of iron or steel filings on the diaphragm, and/or foreign material in the windscreen’s mesh surface, can degrade performance.
PRO8HEx Headworn Microphone: 7.2′ (2.2 m) permanently attached miniature cable terminated with a 3-pin XLRM connector.
- Ideal for guitarists, keyboard players, drummers, and others who need the use of their hands during performance
- Low-visibility headband and cushioned support pads provide a stable, comfortable fit
- Pivot-mounted flexible mic boom descends from the left or right side
- Hypercardioid polar pattern improves isolation of the desired sound source
- Hi-ENERGY® neodymium element for articulate vocal reproduction
- 7.2′ (2.2 m) cable permanently attached between microphone and XLRM-type connector
- Also available as PRO8HEcW – 55″ (1.4 m) cable terminated with locking 4-pin connector for A-T UniPak wireless systems.
Indhu UC-add P25% on 20 Feb 2023
There are no reviews yet.