Ideal for conference centers, boardrooms, courtrooms, houses of worship, and other installed applications, the Audio-Technica U857Q is designed to plug directly into a panel- or desk-mounted XLRF-type connector. This cardioid condenser quick-mount gooseneck microphone offers unsurpassed immunity from radio frequency interference thanks to Audio-Technica’s UniGuard® innovations.
The Audio-Technica U857Q 14.47” long microphone features an ultra-flexible small-diameter gooseneck and accepts interchangeable elements, available in cardioid, hypercardioid, omnidirectional and UniLine® line cardioid polar patterns. Equipped with self-contained electronics, the phantom-powered microphone also offers an 80 Hz low-cut UniSteep® filter that reduces pickup of low-frequency ambient noise.
• Designed for high-quality sound reinforcement, professional recording and broadcasting
• Superior off-axis rejection for maximum gain before feedback
• UniGuard® RFI-shielding technology offers outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI)
• Easy-to-adjust, rugged, small-diameter, alternating gooseneck with virtually no “memory” permits quick positioning into desired shape
• UniSteep® filter provides a steep low-frequency attenuation to improve sound pickup without affecting voice quality
• Self-contained electronics eliminate need for external power module
• Accepts interchangeable elements to permit angle of acceptance from 90° to 360°
• Two-stage foam windscreen yields dramatically improved resistance to P-pops and other breath blasts
• Quick-mount design with 3-pin XLRM-type connector insert at base plugs into any standard XLRF-type surface or cable connector
• Included shock mount attenuates noise, shock and vibration transmitted through the mounting surface