No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Blackmagic URSA Broadcast Camera designed for Studio and Live Production
Blackmagic URSA Broadcast Camera designed for Studio and Live Production
Blackmagic URSA Broadcast, a new high end, professional broadcast camera designed for both studio programming and live production. URSA Broadcast works with existing B4 broadcast HD lenses, can be used for both HD and Ultra HD production, features a 4K sensor, extended video dynamic range, traditional external controls and buttons, built in optical ND filters, dual CFast and dual SD card recorders, and much more.
Blackmagic URSA Broadcast is like two cameras in one, an incredible field camera for ENG and programming work, as well as a professional studio camera. The camera features traditional broadcast controls along with exceptional image quality, all in a compact design that is ideal for fast paced, fast turn around production work.
The key is URSA Broadcast’s new extended video mode which captures incredible looking video with accurate skin tones and vibrant colors. That means customers don’t have to color correct images before going to air, making URSA Broadcast perfect for news, live sports, studio talk and game shows and more. URSA Broadcast lets customers shoot, edit and get stories on air faster than ever before.
Blackmagic URSA Broadcast is also designed to work with the equipment and systems traditional broadcasters already have. For example, customers can use their existing B4 HD and Ultra HD lenses with URSA Broadcast. Unlike other broadcast cameras, URSA Broadcast records onto inexpensive standard SD cards, UHS-II cards and CFast cards, and records 1080i or 2160p video into standard .mov files, with .mxf to be added in future updates.
URSA Broadcast records using DNx145, DNx220X or ProRes, so video doesn’t need to be copied or transcoded. This makes it fast to work with video from URSA Broadcast because it’s compatible with virtually all existing broadcast systems and editing software.
The Blackmagic B4 lens mount and matching sensor on URSA Broadcast enables wide depth of field, so broadcast customers can shoot without constantly chasing focus. The lens mount features high performance optics with spherical aberration correction specifically designed to match the camera’s sensor. The ⅔” mount lets customers use existing HD lenses or Ultra HD lenses. Because B4 lenses are par-focal and have an extremely wide depth of field, images stay in focus when zoomed in and out.
That lets customers work faster because they don’t need to change lenses or refocus between close up, medium and wide shots. Blackmagic URSA Broadcast also supports full electronic B4 lens control so customers can adjust focus, iris and zoom using the camera’s controls, or remotely from an ATEM switcher or ATEM Camera Control Panel. In addition, the standard B4 lens mount can be swapped with optional EF, F and PL mounts so customers can use everything from inexpensive high quality photographic lenses all the way up to massive cinema lenses.
Blackmagic URSA Broadcast features a high quality 4K image sensor and a new extended video mode with better dynamic range and color fidelity. The sensor is designed for both HD and Ultra HD, producing images with fine texture and detail, accurate skin tones, vibrant color and high dynamic range. The images from URSA Broadcast have been designed to be used without additional color correction.
This makes editing faster, which is crucial in the fast paced broadcast world. The high resolution sensor is a huge advantage, even when working in HD, because it enables sub pixel image processing and superior anti-aliasing, resulting in super sharp images.
- 4K sensor, extended video dynamic range, traditional external controls and buttons, built in optical ND filters, dual CFast and dual SD card recorders,
- Advanced HD and Ultra HD broadcast camera with ⅔” B4 mount.
- New extended video mode with better dynamic range and color fidelity producing images with amazing texture and detail, accurate skin tones, vibrant color and high dynamic range.
- Full electronic B4 lens control support for adjusting focus, iris and zoom using the camera’s controls, or remotely from an ATEM switcher or ATEM Camera Control Panel.
- Built in dual SD/UHS-II and CFast card recorders allow unlimited duration recording in high quality.
- Records 1080i or 2160p video into standard .mov files using DNx145, DNx220X or ProRes for compatibility with existing broadcast systems and workflows. Standard .mxf will be added in future updates.
- Support for DNxHD 220X, DNxHD 145, Apple ProRes 4444 XQ QuickTime, ProRes 4444 QuickTime, ProRes 422 HQ QuickTime, ProRes 422 QuickTime, ProRes 422 LT QuickTime and ProRes 422 Proxy QuickTime, CinemaDNG RAW, CinemaDNG RAW 3:1, CinemaDNG RAW 4:1.
- High quality clear, 1/4, 1/16th and 1/64th stop neutral density (ND) filters with IR compensation designed to specifically match the colorimetry and color science of URSA Broadcast.
- Fully redundant controls including external broadcast controls which allow direct access to the most important camera settings such as external power switch, ND filter wheel, ISO, shutter, white balance, record button, audio gain controls, lens and transport control, high frame rate button and more.
- Interchangeable lens mount with B4 mount included as standard. Optional EF, PL and F mount available separately.
- Status display for quickly checking timecode, shutter and lens settings, battery, recording status, and audio levels.
- Features all standard connections, including dual XLR mic/line audio inputs with phantom power, 12G‑SDI output for monitoring with camera status graphic overlay and separate XLR 4 pin power output for viewfinder power, headphone jack, LANC remote control and standard 4 pin 12V DC power connection.
- Built in high quality stereo microphones for recording sound.
- 4 inch foldout touchscreen for on-set monitoring and menu settings.
- Blackmagic SDI Control Protocol for external control or iPad control via Bluetooth®, 2 x 2.5mm LANC for lens and record control.
|Effective Sensor Size||2/3 inch sensor size when using 4K B4 mount (Actual sensor size 13.056mm x 7.344mm)|
|Lens Mount||B4 2/3 inch|
|Lens Control||Electronic control via 12-pin broadcast connector. Control also possible via EF mount pins when using optional URSA Mini Pro EF Mount.|
|Dynamic Range||12 Stops+|
|Shooting Resolutions||3840×2160, 1920×1080|
|Frame Rates||Project frame rates of 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94 and 60 fps supported. Off-speed frame rates up to 60p.|
|Built in ND Filters||Four position ND filter wheel with clear, 2-stop, 4-stop and 6-stop ND filters.|
|Focus||Focus button turns on peaking, auto focus available using compatible lenses with focus servo.|
|Iris Control||Iris wheel and touchscreen slider for manual iris adjustment on electronically controllable lenses, iris button for instant auto iris settings on compatible lenses so no pixel is clipped in film mode. Scene average auto exposure in video and extended video mode.|
|Screen Dimensions||4 inch.|
|Screen Type||LCD capacitive touchscreen.|
|Metadata Support||Automatically populated lens data from electronic B4 lenses. Automatic recording of camera settings and slate data such as project, scene number, take and special notes.|
|Controls||Touchscreen menus on 4 inch screen. Push buttons for other controls. 2 assignable shortcut keys.|
|Timecode Clock||Highly accurate timecode clock. Less than 1 frame drift every 8 hours.|
|Total Video Inputs||1 x SDI|
|Total Video Outputs||1 x SDI, 1 x SDI Monitoring.|
|SDI Rates||1.5G, 3G, 6G, 12G.|
|Analog Audio Inputs||2 x XLR switchable between mic, line and AES digital audio. Phantom power support.|
|Analog Audio Outputs||1 x 3.5mm headphone jack, supports iPhone microphone for talkback.|
|Reference Inputs||Tri-Sync/Black Burst/Timecode.|
|Remote Control||2 x 2.5mm LANC input for Rec Start/Stop, plus Iris and Focus control using compatible lenses.|
|Computer Interface||USB Type-C for software updates.|
|Microphone||Integrated stereo microphone.|
|Built in Speaker||1 x mono speaker.|
|SD Video Standards||None|
|HD Video Standards||1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60|
Interlaced output via SDI 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60
|Ultra HD Video Standards||2160p23.98, 2160p24, 2160p25, 2160p29.97, 2160p30, 2160p50, 2160p59.94, 2160p60|
|SDI Compliance||SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 424 Level B, SMPTE 2081-1, SMPTE 2082-1|
|SDI Audio Sampling||48 kHz and 24 bit|
|Talkback and Tally|
|Talkback||SDI Channels 15/16 and iPhone headset.|
|Live Tally Indicator||Tally on LCD, URSA Viewfinder and URSA Studio Viewfinder.|
|Power Supply||1 x External 12V power supply.|
|External Power Input||1 x 4-pin XLR port for external power or battery use.|
1 x 12-pin Molex connector on rear battery plate.
|Power||Rear camera mount compatible with industry standard V-mount or gold mount battery plates.|
- URSA Broadcast body
- Turret dust cap
- B4 lens mount
- Power supply
- SD card with software and manual