Convergent Design Apollo Record/Live Switch up to four HD Signals in ProRes
View Firmware v2018.03 Release Notes at www.convergent-design.com/firmware.
Convergent Design Apollo Record/Live Switch
Convergent Design Apollo Multi-camera production can be chaotic, confusing, and time consuming. We all know the hassle of wrangling multiple media cards from the cameras, offloading files that are different lengths, with different names, and to different codecs, then attempting to align these in post production with audio/video delay across cameras… Apollo alleviates all of that!
• Four HD Streams
• Switched or Quad View
• Image Analysis Tools
• Custom 3D-LUTs
• SDI and HDMI I/O
• Apple ProRes Format
• Four HD + Quad/Live
• Quad 1080p60/Dual 4K
• Single File
• SSD Media
• Embedded Audio
• No Genlock Required
• Touchscreen Interface
• 2x SDI/1x HDMI Output
• XML EDL for Post
• Switched or Quad View
• Output to HDMI/SDI
• Intuitive Controls
• Clip Markers
Why Apollo for Multi-Camera Production?
Matching file names, matching timecode, and Convergent Design Apollo AV Align feature saves you hours data wrangling and in post production editing.
Only one 2.5” Solid State Drive is required to record the four video signals and switched program streams into one file on the drive.
No need to transcode disparate codecs as recorded internally from different cameras; Apollo records to edit-ready Apple ProRes.
Using the touch-screen you can easily monitor and live switch your production, giving you a 5th recorded channel of the program stream.
Spare the monotonous and time consuming process of duplicating copies of your data at the end of the shoot day, Create a double master while you shoot!
Add frame delay BEFORE you begin shooting and spare the trouble of compensating for any audio/video latency in post production.
The All-In-One Production Problem Solver
Convergent Design Apollo is a portable multi-channel monitor/recorder/switcher that can simultaneously record up to four HD video signals, along with a fifth channel of either a live-switch, or a quad-split reference view. Separate ‘Preview’ and ‘Program’ outputs allow you to monitor on set while using Apollo’s touch screen for simple switching with cut or dissolves. Play back in perfect sync while toggling cameras. All of this functionality in a unit the size of a small tablet and capable of battery power for the ultimate portability.
- Apollo records four HD video signals as well as a quad-split or live-switch.
- All cameras in perfect sync with matching timecode.
- Four-camera coverage in a single portable unit.
- Live-Switch as well as record ISOs. No Genlock Required.
- Any HD cameras, all to one card and one format. A producer’s best friend.
- Output four synced files or one multicamera file for efficient post.
- A realtime switcher for live events… without a rolling rack of gear.
- Image Analysis tools for matching cameras. A DIT’s go-to weapon.
- 20×15.5×2.5 cm
- 1.2lbs. / 560g
- Under 20w power draw, 6.5-34v with battery mounts available
- Two 2.5inch SSD slots (Convergent Design SSDs or qualified 3rd party models)
- Magnesium case / Gorilla Glass cover / stick-on/peel-off screen protector
- No fans or vents
- Apollo – SSD Case
- USB SSD Reader
- (5) SSD Handles
- HDMI Cable
- SDI Cable
- AC Adapter