Panasonic AG-HPD24 Solid-state P2 portable recorder
Panasonic AG-HPD24 is a portable P2 solid-state AVC-Intra recorder featuring native 1080/24p recording with variable frame rates; a super-fast USB 3.0 interface; and 24-bit, four-channel audio recording* in AVC-Intra 100/50. With two P2 card slots and battery operation, the HPD24’s rugged, half-rack design holds up to the demands of field production, yet it is small and light at 4.41 pounds** for easy transport.
This ultra-reliable, dedicated deck allows users to playback and review P2 cards on its 3.5-inch, 16:9 LCD screen; manage clip files and metadata; record full resolution, 10-bit 4:2:2 master-quality video content from a wide range of Panasonic and non-Panasonic cameras via its HD-SDI input; and can also backup data onto hard disk drives.
The Panasonic AG-HPD24 is ultra versatile, supporting a wide range of high definition and standard definition recording formats including 1080 60i/50i/25p/24p, 720 60p/50p/24p and 480/60i, 576/50i in DVCPRO50, DVCPRO and DV.
The unit plays back HD/SD content automatically (no need to change settings) and is internationally operable in 50Hz or 60Hz. For 3D production, its 3D sync function offers master-quality, full resolution 3D recording and playback with a high-quality AVC-Intra codec when two units, one for the Left channel and one for the Right channel, are connected
- Capable of 1080/23.98p native recording and supports 1080/24PsF input/output
- Supports variable frame rate recordings of VariCam® camcorders
- Supports up-/down-conversion between HD and SD as well as cross conversion between 720 and 1080 during playback
- Equipped with a RS-422A remote terminal (9-pin) to serve as an externally controllable 2D/3D player
- Playback function*** previews P2 files from an external storage device
- USB 2.0 (DEVICE): Uploads files to a PC or nonlinear editor
- USB 3.0 (HOST): Transfers files to an external storage (USB 3.0 compatible) at about four times AVC-Intra 100 normal speed****
- HDMI (3D-compatible) output, HD/SD SDI input/output, video monitor output, audio monitor output, headphone output, REF input, TC input/output and XLR analog audio input
- Advanced recording functions include continuous recording, hot-swap REC, loop REC and VANC recording
- Standard 3.45 inch LCD monitor allows users to view playback and check thumbnails of video clips in addition to display Waveform or Vectorscope readings
- Six user buttons for pre-setting of the deck’s key functions (up to 31 functions to select from)
- A USB keyboard (USB 2.0)***** can also be connected
- Built-in front speaker for audio monitoring
- Battery operation boosts convenience (with a 5400 mAh battery pack)
- AC power can be supplied via the AC adaptor (included)
- 5-year limited warranty upon required registration with the Panasonic Asset Support System (PASS)