Panasonic AJ-PCD30E Three-Slot P2 Solid-State Memory Drive
With a super-speed USB 3.0 interface, the Panasonic AJ-PCD30E provides the industry’s fastest offloads from a P2 card1. For example, when using a Windows PC with a USB 3.0 connection * and simple RAID configuration, you can offload three fully loaded 64GB E-Series P2 Cards in under 15 minutes.
This means you can quickly offload AVC-Intra 100 or DVCPRO-HD content at more than 12X real-time, making the PCD30 especially well-suited for use in Reality TV and long-form video production.
And even P2 offloads to computers without RAID drives can be up to 4X real-time. This allows you to offload a single 64GB E-Series P2 Card in about 14 minutes.
The Panasonic AJ-PCD30E can transfer data from up to three P2 cards simultaneously, making content immediately available to nonlinear editing systems and servers. With three 64GB P2 cards inserted, the device can offer immediate access to more than three hours of AVC-Intra 100 or DVCPRO HD, or more than six hours of AVC-Intra 50 or DVCPRO50 content.
The Panasonic PCD30 can be used externally, or can be installed in the five-inch bay of a Windows-based desktop for use as a built-in reader. It is compatible with Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
- Super-fast USB 3.0 (1.5 Gb/s) transfer with USB 3.0 interface when connected to a compatible computer
- Three P2 cards slots
- Offloads AVC-Intra 100 / DVCPRO-HD content at up to 12X real-time
- Windows (External / Internal use)
- MAC (Internal use)
- USB 2.0 backward compatibility
- Supports all P2 frame rates and formats
- Weight: approx. 2.6 lbs
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 5-7/8 inches x 1-11/16 inches x 7-7/8 inches
USB 3.0 Interface for High-Speed Data Transfer
The USB 3.0 interface lets you transfer P2 files at 1.5 Gbps or higher* when connected to a USB 3.0-compatible PC.
* When using multiple E Series P2 cards. The actual transfer rate varies depending on the file being transferred, the system, the application software, the P2 card version and other conditions. If the PC does not have a USB 3.0 interface, data is transferred via USB 2.0. The latest P2 card driver software (downloadable for free) must be installed to read data from or write data to P2 cards.
USB 2.0 Compatibility
Since USB 3.0 is downward-compatible with earlier USB standards, the AJ-PCD30 can connect directly to USB 2.0 compatible PC and transfer data at the USB 2.0 transfer rate.
3-Slot P2 drive
The three P2 card slots on the AJ-PCD30 let you mount three cards simultaneously.
External Connection or Built-in Use
The supplied AC adaptor allows the AJ-PCD30 to be used as a standalone drive. It can also be built in to the 5 type bay of a Windows PC.