Panasonic AJ-PX5000G P2 HD Camcorder
Panasonic AJ-PX5000G 2/3″, 2.2M 3-MOS P2 HD shoulder-mount camcorder is the first with native AVC-ULTRA recording and built-in microP2 card slots. The PX5000 features 720p* and 1080p/i recording, and is also the first P2 HD camera that will record in full-resolution, 10-bit 1080/60p (in AVC-Intra100).
Panasonic AJ-PX5000G AVC-ULTRA offers master-quality and/or low-bit-rate 10-bit, 4:2:2 recording in Full HD to meet a variety of user needs from mastering to transmission. Addressing the need for high-speed file exchange, its high-resolution AVC-Proxy encodes in parallel with higher bandwidth production formats, enabling fast, efficient offline editing, at bit-rates from 3.5 megabits down to 800 kilobits per second.
The AVC-Proxy files and Network function (wired/wireless LAN)* make it possible to configure a workflow for previewing images, editing metadata, editing playlists, sharing networks, and uploading motion images quickly and at low cost with a PC/Mac, tablet, or smartphone.*
Panasonic AJ-PX5000G incorporates a selection of AVC-LongG quality levels, including AVC-LongG50 and AVC-LongG25. Designed for applications where file size is critical, these 10-bit, 4:2:2 sampled codecs record in a much smaller file size, saving storage cost and transfer times over MPEG-2 while maintaining equal or better video quality. In the future, lower bitrate AVC-LongG12 will be made available.
The PX5000G offers optional AVC-Intra200* recording, which at twice the bit rate per frame of AVC-Intra100 is visually lossless, delivering a master quality codec in an affordable, file-based camera. The AVC-Intra200 option will yield a cost-effective approach to network-level program acquisition, film-outs and higher levels of color correction In addition to AVC-LongG and AVC-Intra100/50, the PX5000 offers standard recording in DVCPRO HD, DVCPRO50, DVCPRO and DV.
The camera has two microP2 slots and two standard P2 card slots,** as well as an SD card slot for proxy/metadata recording. MicroP2 cards offer a faster transfer speed, smaller size (SD card size) and are lower cost compared to a P2 card.
Professional interfaces include MON out (can be set to output HD-SDI), HDMI out, HD/SD-SDI in/out, 3G-SDI out, genlock in for multi-camera operation, timecode in/out, USB 3.0 (host) and a two-channel UniSlot compatible wireless receiver.
HD/SD Multi Format/Multi Codec — In addition to 1080/60i, the AJ-PX5000G supports 24p, 30p,60p, and 720p multi HD format and SD recording. Also, 50i, 50p, and 25p are supported by 59.94 Hz/50 Hz switching.
- Achieves high F12 (59.94 Hz)/F13 (50 Hz) sensitivity, excellent images with an S/N ratio of 62 dB; shoulder-type design accommodates a variety of interchangeable B4 mount 2/3″ lenses;
- Equipped with Chromatic Aberration Compensation (CAC) to maximize lens performance;
- Dynamic Range Stretch (DRS) optimizes scene image contrast at the pixel level, reducing overexposure and crushed shadow content and dramatically improves human skin rendition.
- Highly accurate flash band detection and compensation algorithm that minimizes partial image exposure due to strobe lighting.
- 7-mode (HD/SD/FILMLIKE 1/FILMLIKE 2/FILMLIKE 3/FILM-REC/VIDEO-REC) gamma selection and extensive digital image settings.
- Audio capabilities include two XLR audio inputs, and records up to four channels of 48kHz, 24-bit audio in AVC-Intra formats (16-bit in AVC-LongG, DVCPRO HD, DVCPRO and DV)
- Two optical filters, ND and CC, with four positions each. The CC filters are 3200K, 4300K, 5600K and 6300K;.NDs are Clear, 2, 4, and 6 stops.
- Uplink device support. The status, settings, and bandwidth condition for the LiveU LU40 Series can be displayed on the camera viewfinder, and uplink start/stop can be operated. This allows the camera operator to handle live relays comfortably and securely.