Panasonic AV-UHS500 8 Channel Multi-Format Switcher
Achieving 4K Video Production with a Compact, Versatile Switcher
This feature-rich, multi-format switcher for 4K and HD productions extends Panasonic’s legacy of producing high-quality, reliable switchers. With its compact, integrated body, this live switcher is equipped with many functions found in high end models and delivers 4K video production with the same operability as HD.In addition to fixed installations such as university lecture halls and corporate conference rooms, Panasonic AV-UHS500 is well suited for remote production. Designed for easy portability and simple set up it should become a favorite tool for staging and other event production.
Panasonic AV-UHS500 FEATURES
- Flexible Scalability
- IP transmission through high bandwidth NDI and NDI| HX – This optional unit provides NDI support for the AV-UHS500 and is installed into one of the optional unit slots on the main unit. This enables use of IP transmission resources through high bandwidth NDI and NDI|HX (Version 1 and Version 2) in addition to conventional SDI and HDMI signals, without the need for external converters. High bandwidth NDI signal output can also be forwarded to other devices that support NDI and checked from remote locations. Up to two units can be attached to each AV-UHS500, providing expansion to a maximum of eight NDI input lines and four NDI output lines (when in 2K mode).
- Remote live production – When used in combination with Panasonic cameras that support high bandwidth NDI or NDI|HX, operations from video transmission to camera control and tally output can be performed with a single LAN cable. Both video transmission and camera control operation can be performed remotely, making remote live video production a reality.
- NDI resource search and selection made easy – NDI resources on the network can be searched for and selected from a list with ease. No complex network configuration is required.
- 12G-SDI/3G-SDI/HDMI/NDI Support –12G-SDI that can transmit 4K video with as single coaxial cable is supported as standard, and it provides easy setup and operation with high quality 4K video production. In addition, HDMI support allows direct input of data from a PC for live production such as during seminars and lectures without the need for a separate HDMI converter. The addition of an NDI I/F Unit AV-UHS5M6G (optional) also enables handling of NDI , which is part of Video over IP. Various video signals can be handled directly, enabling immediate creation of a range of video effects.
- UHD/HD Multi-Format Support – Multiple 4K/3G/HD formats are supported, including 2160/59.94p and 1080/59.94p.
Frame Synchronizer for All Inputs – All input channels feature a built-in frame synchronizer. The Genlock function also supports synchronizing systems based on external sync signals (Black burst or Tri-level).
- Eight Standard SDI Inputs, Two Standard HDMI Inputs
- Five Standard SDI Outputs, Two Standard HDMI Outputs
- Various Built-in Conversion Functions, Including Up/Down Conversion – Up/down conversion function,HDR/SDR conversion function,ITU-R BT.2020/BT.709 conversion function,Scaler function,Color correction function.
Effects to Enhance Your Creativity
Versatile Transitions and Effects – In addition to standard wipe, mix, and cut transitions, a variety of DVE transitions patterns using two channels, such as reduce, slide, squeeze and 3D wipe are available in HD mode. DVE transitions can also be used in 4K by adding a 4K DVE Unit AV-UHS5M5G.
Five Keyers – A luminance key, linear key, chroma key, full key and PinP are provided for three channels, plus two channels of downstream key (DSK). Chroma keying employs the Primatte algorithm, which is widely used as a plug-in for nonlinear editors. The same excellent Primatte quality that is used worldwide for movies, TV programs, music videos and commercials is achieved by the live switcher’s real time processing.
Four AUX Buses, DSK 1 and 2 Can Also Be Assigned – Two PinP buses and four AUX buses are provided. Borders and software effects can be applied to the Pin P buses. In addition to cut transitions, the bus transition function (P in P and AUX buses transition effect) also enables mix transitions (AUX bus 1 and 2 only). Flexible support is achieved by combining AUX buses and M/E sections. DSK 1 and 2 can also be assigned to AUX 1 and 2.
Video Memory – Two inputs in HD and one input in 4K for still (STILL) or video (CLIP) images can be selected as bus footage. Moving images can be recorded and played back with key signals (with the 1080/59.94i format, approximately 120 seconds /3600 frames). Up to 50 still or video images (up to 50 images or 20 GB for CLIP) can be saved to the internal storage (non-volatile SSD memory). Still images are registered to Play List and can be replayed in order.
Various Memory Functions for Smooth Live Production
- Shot Memory – Up to 100 background transition patterns, PinP sizes, border widths and other video effects can be registered and recalled. Effect dissolve can be set to ensure smooth switching from the current image to the image or operation registered in the shot memory.
- Event Memory – Up to 64 image effects in sequence can be registered and played back on a timeline using the event memory function. This allows highly expressive consecutive effects to be easily and smoothly executed. Up to 100 event memories can be registered.
- Macro Memory – This function allows recording and playback of a series of operations on the Control Panel. It can also record and playback setting information, such as input/output and keyers, allowing video effects involving complicated operations to be executed easily. Macro memory playback is executed by assigning to the crosspoint buttons.
Animation Wipe – Combine video memory data with a transition to create animation wipes.
Clip Converter – The Clip Converter software application can be used to convert Targa files into clip files that can be handled as video files by Panasonic
Supports TSL5.0 – TSL5.0 protocol can be used to transfer Tally information, bus transitions and source name information between Panasonic AV-UHS500 and external devices connected via a network.
SDHC/SDXC Memory Card Slot – Video memory, shot memory data, event memory data, and setup data can be saved using an SDHC/SDXC memory card.
PTZ Camera Control Function – The PTZ camera control function enables 4K/HD Integrated Cameras to be controlled from Panasonic AV-UHS500.
Two MultiViewer Functions – Two independent MultiViewer output functions are provided as standard, enabling the display of up to 16 split screens (a total of 10 patterns) on a single screen.
- MultiViewer layout can be selected from a total of 10 patterns, including four split, five split (two patterns), six split (two patterns), nine split, 10 split (two patterns), 12 split, and 16 split.
- Source names, tallies, audio level meters, clock and safety markers can be displayed.
- The audio level meters can be displayed not only for IN (the source side), but also on the PGM and PVW screen.
- Select between fit mode, in which the video image is the same size as the split frame, and squeeze mode, which places the source name and level meter outside the image.
ROI (Region of Interest) Function – ROI function may not work with some video format input. Refer Input Signal Support list for the details.
Panasonic AV-UHS500 includes a ROI function that creates a maximum of four crop (cut out) signals (ROI sources) that can be used as input sources from a single input source. The ROI function can be used from standard SDI input terminals 5 to 8 and an SDI/HDMI input unit attached to the optional slot.
- A maximum of 12 ROI sources (up to four ROI sources per video input) can be used.
- As with pan/tilt/zoom operations, the position and size can be adjusted and recorded for each material (a maximum of 10 can be recorded per ROI).
- As with pan/tilt/zoom operations, smooth movement is possible between the recorded positions.
- Available zoom ratios are 10% (x10) to 100% (x1).
GUI Menu Screen Examples – Menu Display in Matrix Type,Video Display on Inset Screen,One Line of Menu Display on an Image Monitor,Assign of Crosspoint,WFM Display,VECTOR Display.
Audio Source Selection Function – The audio source selection function enables the audio of a selected video input source to be multiplexed with another video signal and output in addition to the audio follow video. A separate audio source can be selected for AUX1 to 4, PGM, PVW, CLN, and MV.
178 mm (7 inches) LCD Monitor with Excellent Visibility and Easy-to-Use Control Panel
Simple direct switching from remote locations with touch and mouse control – The AV-UHS500 control panel has been developed as a PC application. Video and images can be displayed on the application with built-in MJPEG codec on the AV-UHS500. Resource videos can be viewed while working, providing easy, intuitive control, and can also be used as a sub panel.
Expandable with a Variety of Functions as Required Using Six Optional Units